YC123.02.01 - A Gift
//PERSONAL LOG
//ENTRY BY CLEMENTINE LAFLEUR
//DATE YC123.02.01
![]() |
| Zentron Kalkoken |
Sometimes I wonder what impact we can make in this cluster. Maybe it's too big of a goal to try and change everything on your own. Sometimes the best thing you can do is make an impact on someone else. The other day I got into a very deep conversation with my friend Zentron about what it means to be us. Casuleers have transcended the mortal shell that held humans back for so long. We can go out into the vastness of space without a care, trading volleys at each other with the intent to blow one another up. When this becomes the norm, we forget about those that only have one life serving aboard our vessels. We see them not as humans but as expendable playthings, ready to throw them at hazards we no longer care about. In some naive way, I saw capsuleers as the next step of evolution, an elevation of morality, but it seems to be the opposite. We've become numb to the sanctity of life, and I fear that numbness that will eventually come for me.
I'm not sure if it was meant to lift my spirits or something else but as we were saying our goodbyes Zentron said he had a battleship lying around. Apparently, his crew and himself hadn't flown it for years and considering I was still finding the way he wanted me to have it. I offered to pay for it, but he refused and said that "A gift is a gift.". Such a generous gift couldn't go without some kind of recognition so I renamed it. Partly as a thank you, but also to remind me that there are good people out in the cluster and that it does take just one person to make difference in someone's life.


Comments
Post a Comment